Sunday 29 November 2015

Day 10, Part 2

What a fantastic day! 

The lunch at the pub went really well. I had about 4 lime and sodas, then drove the children home leaving H (husband) to stay and have a few pints with his friend in peace. Amazingly, once I got back, I managed to get to grips with my fractions for tomorrow very quickly, and bizarrely, I feel confident in my ability to teach maths to my class tomorrow. That rarely happens!

Having dropped our friend back at York station, I went for an induction at the gym - my replacement for wine. The technology there is incredible, I went for a jog through Auckland, simply by running on a treadmill and looking at a screen! I feel like a new woman. 

Bedtime now - sober and ready to be fresh in the morning. I'll leave you with a joke we talked about over dinner.

Man in a wheelchair: Just because I'm disabled, doesn't mean I can't have fun and take risks. I had a blind friend once, he was mad, he used to do all sorts! He once went on a parachute jump!

Man's friend: A parachute jump!? Oh my word, was he ok?

Man in a wheelchair: Yes, he was fine..... but his guide dog shit himself!

Good night and good sober thoughts to one and all,

Zx

No comments:

Post a Comment