Saturday 28 November 2015

Inside Number 9

My name is Zara, and for the first time in months, I am not a mess. 

I haven't had a drink in 9 days and that in itself is a miracle. 

I am shattered, having been woken by my Grandma swimming out of bed in the small hours of this morning. I am bored as it is 11.30pm on a Saturday night and I feel like I should be out dancing. I am anxious as I know that on top of all the domestic stuff I have to do tomorrow, I have to teach myself how to add, subtract and multiply fractions in order to teach it to my class of Year 5/6 pupils on Monday morning. However, I am not a mess, I am sober, and I am sure that this time tomorrow I will be more on top of things.

I need to sleep. My bungalow is like a cute little caravan cottage and the rain is braying on the roof, making my eyes heavy. 

Tomorrow I will come back and tell you my story, but for now, go in peace, both of us safe in the knowledge that for tonight... I am not a mess.

Zx

No comments:

Post a Comment