Sunday 6 December 2015

Good Morning Campers!

I somehow managed not to get shit-faced last night. I'm feeling quite smug this morning as it is very unlike me to be able to resist such strong cravings; as many people before me have said though, you never wake up and curse yourself for resisting the evil booze the night before!

Unsettled atmosphere with H continued until late last night, but I had the most wonderful trip out with my three little ones (8- girl, 6-boy and 4-girl) to a local shopping centre. It got to about 5.45pm and I was feeling down and H was asleep. 

We had coffee and cake in Costa (yes, I did have to take out a second mortgage) and then we ran around the shops - literally in their case- absolutely killing themselves laughing! I have to be a bit careful in WHSmith as they get really silly in there! They don't try and pick things up, they just really seem to love the layout for playing hide and seek. 

I got home and decided to continue the silly theme by putting on a mask of a sheep's head that we got from a local farm, and scaring my eldest! I donned the offending article and crept stealthily down the hall like a pantomime villain. Reaching my eldest's bedroom, I leapt into the doorway with an enthusiastically scary sheep-like sound.

She didn't even flinch, "Mummy, you shouldn't do that!"

"I know, but it's such fun trying to make you jump!" I replied.

"No, I mean you shouldn't have done it. He..." (she points her thumb at her 6 year old brother) "... took a waz in that last week and we haven't washed it out yet!"

Eldest daughter: 1
Mummy: 0

Later, I'm going to see if I can copy a post I wrote on another blogging site about a year ago. At this point I was still drinking, but I remember that we were going through a bit of a crazy time so it might be nice to reminisce!

Have a fantastic day, don't eat the yellow snow - or don the golden mask!

Zx

No comments:

Post a Comment