Monday 21 December 2015

Holidays!

Wow, what a week! 

I was off school with the two youngest children last week. Just Monday afternoon and Tuesday, but it's enough to set you back at work! On Wednesday, H had the day off to "work from home" so I could go to work. Annoyingly, the younger two had both been sick, so although they were ready and keen to be back at school on Wednesday, we had to keep them off due to school policy. So, H missed out on all the shite and vomit, but did experience the final, irritable, hot day of illness which made me feel slightly better as I jauntily set off for work that morning.

When I arrived home, H said that quote of the day from youngest to middle child was, "I'm going to try really hard not to hit you today!"

I'm still sober! Despite many dreams where I've gone out and got bladdered, I have still not touched a drop. It's been over a month now but I don't want to be a bore who counts the days. Surely after a certain amount of time, living without alcohol becomes the norm and we simply don't think about it any more?

 I've also done the majority of the work that I need to do for school this holiday, which in unheard of in this house. I was hoping to take all the school books back to school because I really don't have room for them in our caravan of a house, but we are waiting in for the district nurse. We've called them four times to arrange to get a continence assessment done on Grandma - she's never been too fond of water sports but she's swimming out of bed like a fucker every morning! My house is starting to look and smell like a nursing home so that is one of my missions for this Christmas - de-institutionalize my home. It sounds depressing but it's really not, she deserves to be with those who love her and she does provide a certain amount of comedy value to our lives. More about that in a later post.

So, books marked, test papers marked, pupil progress files set up, and new Spanish course well started. This sober life is really quite productive! I just wish I had time for a little nap before the noisy bastard carers come in to make Grandma her lunch..... oh well, there's always this afternoon and if I'm lucky, an episode of Murder, She Wrote or Columbo on the TV!

Love
Zx

1 comment:

  1. Yes, after a while the sober life does become normal. But, sometimes the urge hits when you least expect it...sometimes I find myself thinking, ooh a glass of red would be lovely...but I shake it off. I stopped counting days after about three months, because what are we counting to? The end of our life? It made no sense to me. Sounds like you are a productivity Queen! xx

    ReplyDelete